I find myself drawn to the colour purple. In so many ways… Lavender and all sorts of purple.
With my most recent bouquet, I was inspired to write about the significance of colours in our world. Specifically, for our energy body. We have a physical body with meridian points throughout.
The word chakra is Sanskrit for wheel of energy. The seven main chakras align from the base of our spine to the top of our head. These represent the flow of energy circulating within our body. They manifest as our health and vibrant energy.
Below the heart are the more physical manifestations in our world and above, represent the more transcendent energies.
- The Root chakra is at the base of our spine. It represents support and survival. When we feel safe and fearless, the energy is flowing. Its element is Earth. The colour is a rich Red. The mantra is I Am
- The Sacral chakra is just below the navel. It is our sexual and creative centre. It represents our creative expression. Its element is Water. The colour is Orange. The mantra is I Feel
- The Solar Plexus chakra is the golden sun at the centre of our being. It represents personal power, identity and individuation. Its element is Fire. The colour is Yellow. The mantra is I Do
- The Heart chakra is at the centre of the chest. It is the giving and receiving of unconditional love. We breathe in and we breathe out. It represents the cycle of life. Our intertwining with the green earth. Its element is Air. The colour is Emerald Green. The mantra: I Love
- The Throat chakra covers the neck area up to our ears. It represents self-expression and communication. Speaking and listening, as well as chanting and devotion. Its element is Sound. The colour is Blue. Mantra: I speak my truth
- The Third eye is located in the centre of the forehead. It is where we visualise and imagine. It is the seat of intuition and ideas. The element is Light. The colour is Purple. I See
- The Crown chakra is at the top of our head. It represents our spirituality and connection to the Divine. Its element is Thought. The colour is White. The mantra is I Know
It’s important for the energy to flow freely throughout the body. Many of our nerves and organs are located at these chakra points. They also represent who we are the world (our beliefs, careers and relationships). In addressing areas of blockage, we pave the way to balance our whole being. This, in turn, allows us to live more fully, energetically and creatively.
Tags: Chakras Colours Energy Intuition Meridian points Purple